- In February 2017, I was given the privilege of joining the Business Sales Team at Comporium Communications! I am very thankful for this new opportunity to serve our commercial clients as a Business Account Representive and am thrilled to be working with experienced team members who are dedicated to meeting customer needs.
- Guest Host on CLEMSON SPORTS TALK! Invited by Lawton Swann to sit in with Lowell The Intern on Fox Sports Radio 1400 to talk all that is Clemson Sports! It’s happening Friday, May 20, 2016!
- Fall 2015 – Color Analyst for several Lexington High School Wildcat Football games!
- From Feb 2015 – Jan 2017, I served as an Agent with Farm Bureau Insurance in Chapin, SC.
- Sideline Reporter – 2014 SC HS 4A Division 1 State Championship game, between Hillcrest and Dutch Fork, broadcast LIVE from the University of South Carolina Williams-Brice Stadium! See more, including game results and coaches’ audio here: My Friday Night Faves (Saturday Edition)
- Host of the ‘Tiger Talk’ on Z93 ‘The Lake’ at 93.1FM, The Home of Clemson Athletics in the SC Midlands! Each Monday Night during the 2014 Football Season, we discussed all that is Tiger Football with callers, special guests, and former Clemson Players! Check out more here: Z93’s ‘Tiger Talk’ Also check out my recent interview with former Clemson Coach Danny Ford on Tiger Talk 11/25/14.
- Sideline Reporter for the 2014 COLLEGE ALL STAR BOWL (formerly The South Carolina College All Star Bowl) at Furman University’s Paladin Stadium, broadcast on February 14, 2014 to a national TV audience on the CBS SPORTS NETWORK!
Worked again as part of the David Wyatt Sports Team with fellow broadcasters Mark Hogue (Coastal Carolina Sports), Will Merritt (formerly Clemson Sports Network), Jack Connors (WLOS-TV Asheville), and Tim Amos. I once again interviewed many football legends, coaches, players, and celebrities including Sam Wyche (NFL Coach), Danny Ford (Clemson Coach), Willie Jefferies (SC State Coach), Tajh Boyd (Clemson QB), Mark Bryan (Hootie & The Blowfish) and many more. For more information visit thecollegeallstarbowl.com and on twitter @theallstarbowl and @wyattsports.
- Sideline Reporter – The Inaugural 2013 South Carolina College All Star Bowl held at North Greenville University and broadcast LIVE via statewide TV network.
Worked on the David Wyatt Sports Broadcast Team with Todd Ellis (Gamecock Sports Network), Will Merritt (Clemson Sports Network) and Jack Connors (WLOS-TV Asheville). Interviewed notables including Sam Wyche, Willie Jefferies, Danny Ford, George Rogers, Donnie Shell, Brian Dawkins, Malliciah Goodman, and many more players and coaches. “Mike set a game record for the most sideline interviews and did a great job doing them.” – Todd Ellis “Mike, you did an awesome job!” – Will Merritt
- Creator and Host of The Lexington County Coaches Show, a weekly sports show on Z93 ‘The Lake’ Fall of 2013 featuring area high school coaches and notables, including regular guest Coach David Bennett, former Coastal Carolina Head Football Coach and now Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at the new River Bluff High School.
- Frequent Guest on Sports Radio talking high school and college sports and more – recently heard on ESPN Upstate with Mark Sturgis “Straight Up With Sturg” – My annual Call-In discussing the great athletes at Palmetto Boys State (Listen: Straight Up With Sturg PBS 6-9-15, Mike Vaughan on Sturg ESPN Upstate June 2014) plus appearances on Fox Sports Radio 1400, ESPN Columbia, 92.1FM ’The Palm’, 95.9 ‘The Point’, AM560 ’The Team’, 107.9FM WLXM, Kool 102.7FM WPUB, and more.
- Color Analyst and Engineer for the 2013 SC 4A State Baseball Championship Series between Lexington and Blythewood High Schools, Broadcast on Z93 ‘The Lake’! Game 1 was won by Lexington 5-2 at Wildcat Field. In Game 2 at Bengal Field, Blythewood evened the series, winning 7-2, forcing Game 3 at Carolina Stadium on the campus of The University of South Carolina! My broadcast partner Brad Cunningham and I called the decisive game from the Home Radio Press Box as 6,240 fans watched Lexington claim the 4A State Trophy!
- Host and Emcee for the 2013 and 2014 Lexington County FCA Banquets The April 3, 2014 dinner was held at Brookland Baptist Church in West Columbia and featured interviews with these guests: University of South Carolina Coaches Lorenzo Ward, Everette Sands and Deke Adams! The 2013 banquet was held April 12th at the Lexington Baptist Church on Main Street in Lexington, SC, under the leadership of my good friend Lexington County FCA Director, Frank Hester. I had the opportunity to share on-stage interviews with these coaches from Lexington County: Coach/AD David Bennett, River Bluff High; Coach/AD Dean Howell, White Knoll High; and Coach Willie Scott, Pelion High. Well over $50,000 was raised to further FCA’s ministry impact in Lexington County!
- Emcee for the Summer 2014 FCA TEAM CAMP held at USC Upstate and The Hangar / First Baptist in Spartanburg! Hosted teams and coaches from all over South Carolina. Spent time with and introduced Adrian Despres (Chaplain – USC Football Team) and also Dylan Thompson (USC QB).
- Hosted Z93’s LIVE On-Air Interview with New Lexington High School Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Josh Stepp shortly after Lexington District One announced his hiring a day earlier.
- Sideline Reporter for the 2012 North South All-Star Game in Myrtle Beach, SC. Worked as a part of Phil Kornblut’s Network Team on the South Carolina Radio Network heard on radio stations statewide. Hear excerpts of my reporting and postgame interviews here: (AUDIO) http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.php/2012/12/08/south-ends-long-drought-defeats-north-23-0-audio/
- Hosted Z93’s Breaking LIVE On-Air Announcement with Dr. Luke Clamp (Principal, River Bluff HS) on hiring Coach David Bennett as First Athletic Director/Head Football Coach for the New RBHS Gators in Lexington, SC.
- Provided 5 Daily Reports for Z93 from the 2013 RBC Heritage PGA Golf Tournament – Harbour Town Golf Links on Beautiful Hilton Head Island, SC. I also had an exclusive interview with 2013 Heritage Champion Graeme McDowell as he was leaving the 18th Green following his playoff win against Webb Simpson. (AUDIO) “Heritage 2013 Final Z93 Report” and “Me & Graeme McDowell Heritage 2013“
- Reported for Z93’s Coverage of the2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl – Clemson Vs. LSU – provided LIVE updates throughout Gameday from the Georgia Dome and the World Congress Center in Downtown Atlanta, GA. (AUDIO) “LIVE from 2012 CFA BOWL” and interview with “Will Merritt 2012 CFA Bowl“
- Hosted 107.9 WLXM’s coverage of the Columbia Blowfish Exhibition at the Ballpark Road Sports Complex in Lexington, SC on June 28, 2013.
- Guest Chapel Speaker for the Arkansas Razorbacks Football Team while in Columbia, SC, to play SEC opponents, the USC Gamecocks.
- Speaker and Entertainer – 3rd Annual Low Country Classic Boys High School Golf Invitational and the 2nd Annual Low Country Classic Girls High School Golf Invitational held at The Plantation Course at Edisto, Edisto Beach, SC. (Girls’ Tournament Champions – the Lady Wildcats of Lexington – Go Cats!)
- Z93’s Coverage of Early Signing Day for five great Lexington High School Baseball Players, including Nick Ciuffo and Cole McMillan, both signing with the USC Gamecocks.
- Color Analysis, Sideline Reporter, Coaches Show Host, and Host of the Wildcat Tailgate Show for the Lexington High School Wildcats Athletics – Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, and more. Heard on Z93.1 fm ‘The Lake’ WZMJ (Batesburg, Lexington, Lake Murray), on 107.9 fm WLXM, “Lexington’s Community Radio Station”, online at lakemurrayradio.com, and posted on facebook and twitter (@MikeV_803).
- LIVE Reports for Z93 ‘The Lake’ from the 2012 PGA Championship and the Ocean Course at Kiawah.
- Host and Entertainer for the “Edisto Express” VIP Charter Transport during the 2012 PGA Championship Golf Tournament held at Kiawah Island, SC.
- Production Team and Staff Member of Palmetto Boys’ State – the most significant program I have ever participated in and in my 30 + years associated with the talented and dedicated staff of volunteers, I have seen thousands of our state’s young men grow and be changed into our future leaders. I strongly encourage you to visit palmettoboysstate.org or @SCBoysState to learn more! Click here for ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOYS STATE STORIES!